Monday, February 22, 2010

Clancy

When Micah was a little boy, his Grandma Grayce gave him a bear named Clancy.  Clancy was Micah's favorite stuffed animal growing up, and Micah's mom sent him to our new house when we got married.  He hung out in the guest bedroom with my Teddy that I grew up with. 

Teddy, Clancy, and Clancy II
When Micah and I found out we were pregnant, sweet Grandma Grayce bought Baby G a teddy bear and named him Clancy II.  We had no idea at the time how truly special this bear would be to us.  Shortly after giving us Clancy II, Grandma Grayce unexpectedly passed away.  Both Micah and I were heartbroken that Noah would never get to meet his sweet GG, but it was so special knowing that she left a little bit behind for Noah... even he was "Grayced" by a woman he never met!

Clancy II and Clancy giving kisses to Noah
I hope that as Noah grows up, Clancy will become his favorite stuffed animal.  It seems he already likes him alright... :-)

Noah, 3mo, loving on Clancy II
The Grant Gang

2 comments:

  1. I love the photo you took with him and his bear:) So sweet and what a sweet memory!

    ReplyDelete