Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Quarter of a Year

Dear Noah,

You are 3 months old (5 days ago)... a quarter of a year!  As cliche as it sounds, I seriously can not believe it.  It is quite surreal... it seems like years ago that I was doing silly things to pass the time, waiting for you to make your arrival...

But it seems like just yesterday that I got to bring you home when you were only a few hours old and cuddle with you in bed.

It has been so much fun being at home with you every day.  I have transitioned pretty well to being a stay at home mommy... we are already a part of two play groups, go to MOM time at church, and have Tita Joyce and Austin over frequently to bake cakes.  I don't know who says that being a SAHM is boring... we are NEVER bored!! 

Here's what you are up to these days:
- You love playing on your play mat... you swing at the toys, grab the ones you can reach, and squeal in delight at the lights and music.
- You smile at anyone who gives you attention... you love social interaction!
- You are a true momma's boy... you start to cry if I turn my back on you, but as soon as I turn back around, you smile from ear to ear.
- You are learning the art of rolling from your stomach to your back... you do this mostly in your crib, but you have done it once or twice on the couch, too.
- You are a drama king.  You can go from the biggest pout to the biggest smile in a split second.  It gives your daddy and I something to laugh about!
- You are getting better at riding in the carseat now that we have a fun mirror toy for you to look at.  But if it is dark and you can not see, you are not a happy camper!
- You love being in the sleepy wrap facing out while I am shopping.  You smile at all the people ooh-ing and aah-ing over you, and love looking at all of the things going by.
- People frequently tell me you are one of the cutest babies they have ever seen... and I agree!
- Your hair is starting to really grow back in... pretty much all of your "baby hair" has fallen out.
- You have completely grown out of all your 0-3month clothes and you are wearing a size 2 shoe.
- You have recently started to squirm up to the corner of your crib and sleep with your face snuggled up against something.  Even when you are sleeping, you love to snuggle!
- You are back to eating every 2 1/2 hours... this has helped your night sleeping tremendously!
- You hate the bottle... but we are working on this!
- You are pretty much completely done with the paciphier, and did this all on your own.  Now you just love your hand... and sometimes your thumb.
- You love being outside. If you are upset, that is sometimes the only thing that calms you down!

I love you so stinkin much, Noah!  You bring your daddy and I so much love, laughter, and joy.  I am so lucky to be your mommy!!!

~ The Grant Gang

No comments:

Post a Comment