Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Veggies out my ears!

For a few months I have been looking in to various produce co-ops in the metroplex... the thought of having a large supply of fresh produce and veggies seemed very appealing!  So, when Gara mentioned joining the Arlington Produce Co-Op, I didn't have to think twice.
The truck after our first stop.... we still had more to pick up!
This Saturday was our second batch of produce and somehow I got volunteered to go "shopping" for the whole group.  Another lady and I drove out to Dallas at a ridiculously obscene hour (5am!) to get our fruit and veggies for the whole group.  I looked like a total stud, too, driving Micah's big ol' diesel work truck. :-)

All of our loot.  The Hill family gets half, we get half.  Kinda hard to share!!
With all of this fresh yumminess comes new dishes... a few of the things we have gotten I have never cooked before!  Most notable is Kale Chips (who knew veggies could taste better than Ruffles?), Plantain Bread, Spaghetti Squash Alfredo, and tomatilla salsa. 
Tomatillo salsa
Kale chips
I feel so domestic!

xoxo,
~The Grant Gang

No comments:

Post a Comment