Friday, January 21, 2011

Floating Blueberries

Blueberries float... did you know that?  I learned this morning.

Noah woke up at 5:15 this morning... and never went back to sleep (I may need to consider forbidding his friendship with Travis).  Lovely!  I decided I wanted to take a shower while he was still awake so I could try to take a little snooze while he was napping, so I opted to just plop him in the shower with me.  He thought it was all sorts of fabulous!  I plugged up the drain after I shampooed and conditioned and washed, and we sat and played for a while... until I noticed a floating blueberry.  I'll let you use your imagination.  I jumped to my feet as fast as I could, hopped out, and got Noah out.  Of course, there were quite a few other floating bluberries hidden under his toosh, but atleast they hadn't fully contaminated the tub until I yanked us both out.

I grapped a wash cloth with some soap and wiped his body down to rid him of any residue, dried him off, then put him down so I could dry myself off.  He squated down, as he often does, I assumed to play with a bath toy.  Wrong.  He squated down to finish his business... guess I interrupted him when I yanked him from the tub.  So now we have blueberries in the tub, blueberries on the floor, and a wet momma and baby.  I put a little robe on Noah, wrapped a towel around me, then cleaned up the blueberries on the floor.  As I am doing this, Noah decides my socks and underwear need to go into the toilet (where the floor blueberries have been placed).  Really people, I couldn't make this stuff up. 

I finally got smart and left the mess, got Noah dressed, got myself dressed, and locked him in his (very babyproof) room for a few minutes so I could clean up the complete disaster in the bathroom.  And it wasn't even 8:00am yet. 

The kid is workin' on taking a nap (probably laughing hysterically about the chaos of the morning) and I, instead of napping, am off to take another shower. 

I spared you pictures of all the events (but don't think I didn't think about documenting!), but here is a picture after the madness.  Noah's smirk says it all.



xoxo,
~The Grant Gang

2 comments:

  1. Just noticed your cute blog on facebook and decided to take a look! What an adorable boy he's grown into. Hope to see ya'll on our next Texas trip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That made me laugh. ;-)

    ReplyDelete