Tuesday, February 8, 2011

How Fuzzy's changed my life


ok, I guess Fuzzy's didn't change my life, but my life changed at Fuzzy's.  Seriously, it's true. 

New Year's Eve morning (December 31, 2010) I ventured out to the grocery store to pick up some treats to take with us to the lake as we celebrated the entrance of a new year.  Chips? check.  Dip? check. Fruit and eggs for breakfast? check.  Micah's favorite beer? check.  My favorite beer? check.  Pregnancy test? check. (I guess I should explain... my basal body temp had been high for two weeks, a sign of pregnancy, but I had also had a nasty cold for two weeks, which I figured was the explanation of the high temp.  I was also a day late for a normal 28 day cycle, but it was only my 4th cycle since getting pregnant with Noah, so the cycle length had been all over the place.  Just wanted to be sure I didn't beer my unborn kid. ;-))

After leaving the store, I ran over to Fuzzy's to pick up some legendary breakfast tacos for Micah and I.  Not the healthiest option out there (ok, not healthy at all) but it meant no cooking for momma, so I was all about it.  I decided to take the pregnancy test into Fuzzy's so I could take it and toss it without freaking Micah out.  I ordered and headed to the bathroom.  I realize it is a bit odd to take a pregnancy test in the Fuzzy's bathroom stall, but whatev!  I peed on the stick and sat there for a minute before even really looking at it... for the most part, it was just a formality so I could drink my tasty beer that I just purchased.  And then I saw this.

How does one go home and tell their husband that they found out they were pregnant in a Fuzzy's bathroom stall?  One goes home, in total shock, and pretty much just shoves it in his face before he even adjusts to me having walked in the door.  :-)  Talk about romantic.  I think I win the prize for finding the most creative way to tell your hubby about the new bundle of joy.

Our sweet little Fuzzy Grant is due early-mid September (the exact due date is a secret) and we could not be more excited.  The Lord planned this child, no doubt, and I can't wait to see what big plans He has in store for Fuzzy! 

xoxo,
~The Grant Gang

4 comments:

  1. SO EXCITED FOR Y'ALL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Krista! Oh my gosh! Congratulations! How exciting! I was NOT expecting that when I started reading this post! Wow =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations, Krista!! So exciting!!!

    ReplyDelete