Tuesday, May 4, 2010

ENMV

This photo has nothing to do with the post... I just had to post a pic of sweet boy!

I can't get over how lucky I am to be surrounded by a group of Jesus lovin', baby raisin', good hearted women on a daily basis.  Since Noah was baby #18 (I think... maybe 19) of 2009, a group of baby mommas decided to start a baby play group... and I am pretty sure that it is WAY more for the mommas than for the babies!  We eat, we talk, we laugh, we let our little ones "play", and most importantly we just get to live life with eachother.  I have developed some pretty special friendships in the group, and I am so thankful for the wisdom, support, and encouragement they provide me daily!

You may remember a post from a few weeks ago that I talked about a great verse that Gara sent me when Noah was staging a sleep revolt.  It went something like this:
"Every good and perfect gift [even if they don't sleep] is from above."  James 1:17
I joked around with Gara how this must be from the ENMV bible (Exhausted New Mothers Version).  Within 24 hours the story/verse popped up on several other blogs.  It got Gara and I thinking... there are a lot of mothers out there who need encouragement from the Word just as much as we do.  So, we asked our friends from play group and some other mommy friends to give us their favorite verses and how they have spoken to them during their days of raising a little one so that we could compile a list.  Reading through these verses really made me smile... regardless of the age of the child, we are all experiencing the same emotions, the same struggles, and the same joys!  How encouraging is it that we can all fall upon the same God who has given us His word for encouragement?! 

Gara had this displayed at our last play group... so cute!

Now, I know, the Word of the Lord is sacred.  I don't, in any way, want His message to be misrepresented or skewed.  Everything below is exactly as the Bible reads, but with the addition of how it spoke in a believing mother's life in brackets.  This is meant to be encouraging and uplifting, and to inspire everyone to go Scripture when you are need of guidance.  We are all in need of some Godly wisdom, and He will speak to you through His word!
"Be joyful always [even when you are pulling your hair out because your kid did THAT thing, AGAIN], pray continually [for a bit more patience and maybe an extra hour of sleep, pretty please]; give THANKS in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you [even if it is changing the 6th explosive poop diaper within 3 hours] in Christ Jesus."  1 Thessalonians 5:16-18
"[Moms] can do everything through Him who gives [us] strength." Philippeans 4:13
"Therefore, as God's chosen [mommies], holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness, and patience." Colossians 3:12
"Whatever you do [cook, clean, feed, play, nurture, and love], do it all for the glory of God." 1 Corinthians 10:31
"For with God nothing [including potty training] shall be impossible."  Luke 1:37

"But blessed is the [mom] who trusts in the LORD, whose confidence is in Him. [S]he will be like a tree planted by the water that sends out its roots by the stream. It does not fear when heat comes; its leaves are always green. It has no worries in a year of drought and never fails to bear fruit."  Jeremiah 17:7-8

"Whatever you do [laundry, laundry, and more laundry], work at it with all your heart as working for the Lord, not for men, since you know that you will receive an inheritance from the Lord as a reward. It is the Lord Christ you are serving." Colossians 3:23-24

"As a mother comforts her child, so will I comfort you [so quit having a pity party and hand your worries over to Me!]; and you will be comforted over Jerusalem." Isaiah 66:13
"For I know the plans I have for you [and I promise it's more than just poopy diapers and sleepless nights] declares the Lord." Jeremiah 29:11
"Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perserverence [in other words, laugh at the lipstick writing on the walls]." James 1:2

"Do not be anxious about anything [not even sleep training], but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God."  Phillipians 4:6

"Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles [like when our little angels won't stop crying or they keep us up all night], so that we can comfort those [other exhausted new moms] in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves have received from God." 2 Corinthians 1:3-4
"For no matter how many promises God has made, they are "Yes" in Christ. And so through him the "Amen" is spoken by us [and the tiny sweet voices of childre] to the glory of God."  2 Corinthians 1:20
"Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away [since we no longer have time to focus on ourselves], yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day [by the incredible joy our babies bring into our lives]. For our light and momentary troubles [diaper blowouts and screaming fits] are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all." 2 Corinthians 4:16-17
"For this (obstinate, defiant, whiny, not-napping, little terror, crazy, exhausting, wonderful, sweet, precious, delightful, amazing, smart, talented, etc.) child I prayed, and the the Lord has granted me my petition that I made to him." 1 Samuel 1:27
I'd love for you to add your own verses and how they have spoken to you. Leave a comment or send me an email and I will get it updated! Also, check out my friend Anna who made some super cute wall hangings with her own ENMV verse! (I think she sold the one she has already made, but you can go to her Etsy shop and request a custom order.)

xoxo,
~The Grant Gang

2 comments:

  1. I love these, Krista! Thanks for sharing...I need to print these off and keep them very close by through the trials of teething!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is amazing, Krista. I am sitting here with tears in my eyes. I've read many of these verses many times, but never seen them in this light ... wonderful!

    ReplyDelete