Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Toddler Time!

Today my sweet little baby toddler is 14 months old.  14 months.  Sounds so... not babyish. 

We decided to head to the park for a little bit this afternoon to feed the ducks.  This is a first for us, but I was pretty sure N would totally dig it because he loves all things animals.  Shoot, he laughs hysterically when he hears an animal noise, not to mention SEES an animal! 

The ducks did not disappoint.  Although Noah didn't quite grasp the concept of throwing the crackers to the ducks... he chose to eat them instead.  One duck HISSED at us.  Did you know ducks hissed?  I was offended.


Noah kept wanting to get VERY close to the water... I was trying hard to snap some pictures while keeping a death grip on his hand so he wouldn't fall in.

Then I realized, after he laid down on his stomach and started trying to scootch towards the water, that he was trying to get in!  My little water baby. 

Noah is full of life and energy.  People are always commenting on how much energy he has... hopefully that is not their tactful way of saying he is out. of. control. :-)  He plays harder than any little kid I have ever seen.  He is talking a lot these days... still not too many intelligible words, but a few.  He says down (dow), dad (dada), all done (ah duu), and ball (baw).  I am sure there are more that I just haven't figured out... learning toddler talk aint easy!  He points at everything, which is much easier than just throwing a fit because he isn't getting what he wants (which, don't get wrong, still happens!)  In the evening, when he hears the garage door open, he drops everything and runs to the door screaming "Dadadadada!" and stands at the door waiting for Micah to walk in.  It melts my heart every time.  He still isn't saying momma, which totally breaks my momma heart... but from what I hear, once he learns it, he won't stop saying it... so I should enjoy it while it lasts!  He still is finicky about what he eats, but his favorites are still blueberries and cheese.  He also totally loves his morning kefir. 

My life is so deeply enriched by this little life.  I am so thankful the Lord chose me to be his mommy!

xoxo,
~The Grant Gang

1 comment:

  1. I, too, RARELY hear Momma. My husband once said that he probably doesn't say it b/c I am always with him. We are a unit and I am usually fulfilling his needs before he even has to ask....so if you think of it as there is no need to name you b/c you are always with him...well, that just means you are a good attentive mommy!

    LOVE the black and whites!

    ReplyDelete