Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Knit Together

My dear friend Gara (of Gara Hill Photography) snapped a few maternity pictures for us last night after someone pointed out to me that Ruthie Grayce might be a little sad to know that I had pictures done with Noah, but not with her... and I am SO glad that I did.  She sent a few teasers today, and I am in love!


As I shared in my Mother's Blessing post, I along with several friends and family members, have been sporting a sweet little purple yarn bracelet.  I feel like I need to explain the activity to get the beauty and meaning behind a few of these pictures...

We all sat in a circle and Joyce began by passing around the ball of yarn, explaining that it signified the connection I have to the sweet baby in my belly, along with the bond we (Ruthie Grayce and I) have with each of the women sitting in the room and how they represent the body of Christ in my life.  We then passed around the scissors, and we each cut a piece of the yarn and tied it around our wrists/ankles.  Joyce explained that by wearing the yarn, they would be reminded to pray for Ruthie Grayce, for me, and for the upcoming labor/birth, and signifying their belief in God's ultimate plan in Ruthie Grayce's arrival.  The bracelet would serve as a reminder to me of the prayers and support we have as we enter this phase of our life.  When I go into labor, each person will cut off the bracelet, praying for us as they do so.  I have found myself encouraged and strengthened by wearing this bracelet... being reminded of the amazing community you are surrounded by is such a powerful thing!

This is "Part A" of a photo series... after Ruthie Grayce arrives, we will have another photo to go along side this one... I am so excited about it!

xoxo,
~The Grant Gang

No comments:

Post a Comment