Friday, August 12, 2011

Mother's Blessing

Gara and Joyce, two of my bestest friends, hosted one of the sweetest evenings I have experienced in a very long time in honor of Ruthie Grayce and I.  It was a small group consisting of those closest to me who have prayed for and with me throughout this journey.  The evening was perfect, from the delicious food....


to the beautiful flower arrangement...

Each person brough a flower or two to add to the arrangement, signifying the uniqueness of our relationship.  I will dry and preserve these and put them in the nursery.

and the basket of pamper presents....

Joyce said she almost brough a 6-pack of beer instead of a bottle of wine... how well does she know me?!

and the yarn bracelets to remind us all to pray for Ruthie Grayce...


to the box of cards filled with encouraging scripture, CDs, quotes and stories for me to read and pray with...

Courtney painted this, too.  She is all sorts of amazing!

all to serve as encouragement for the last few weeks of my pregnancy, for labor, and for birth.  My dear friend Courtney also painted a blessing tree to hang in Ruthie Grayce's nursery.  Everyone at the shower adorned a branch with their finger prints, indicating their part of her life early on.  It is something that I already treasure dearly, and I hope will serve as an encouragement to her in the future showing her how many people prayed for her before she was even born.


The most touching, special part of the evening was when all of the women prayed over Ruthie Grayce and I.  Just writing about it makes me tear up.  The joy it brought to my heart is something words can not express!   


 I am constantly in awe of the community the Lord as put in my life.  These women make me a better mom, a better wife, a better friend, and a better follower of Jesus.  I can not imagine traveling this journey without them all by myself.  There is something so powerful about going into a lifechanging event (like having a  baby :-)) banketed in scripture, prayer, and love.  I am so thankful for the strength they give me!!


All of my moms!

Krista H. and Courtney

My midwife, Cindy, and I

Mandy, my sister-in-law sister and I


Corey and Holly, both long time friends that I have reconnected with in the last few years.  Sweet, sweet friendships!

The girls behind the evening, Gara and Joyce

xoxo,
~The Grant Gang

No comments:

Post a Comment